Weight Watchers Mashed Sweet Potatoes
This is a great spin on a classic dish. I love the idea of making these a more savory dish to serve alongside our favorite meals. Instead of the traditional sweet option, the Weight Watchers mashed sweet potatoes make a great savory option. They can replace other starches and have great amounts of beta-carotene to add to your diet.
Ingredients for Weight Watchers Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Place sweet potatoes in large saucepan and cover with water.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 8-10 minutes or until fork tender.
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes (Washed, peeled and cubed)
- ½ Cup Plain Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Place sweet potatoes in large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 8-10 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove from heat and drain
- Pour into large bowl, add in yogurt and seasonings and mash until smooth.
- We recommend using a hand mixer for the smoothest potato mixture.
Makes 4 Servings
4 PointsPlus per serving
3 SmartPoints per serving on Beyond the Scale Plan
2 SmartPoint per serving on FreeStyle Plan or Flex Plan