As someone who remembers sitting impatiently waiting at church functions for all of the homemade ice cream on Sunday nights during the summer months, I admit that the silky smooth and richly flavored dessert is a true stumbling block for myself when it comes time to say no. This Weight Watchers Sugar Free Strawberry Banana Ice Cream is my solution to dessert woes. Not only is it easy to whip up and freeze without a machine, it can also be made into an even lighter and more luxuriant treat when frozen in a traditional ice cream maker.
WEIGHT WATCHERS SUGAR FREE STRAWBERRY BANANA ICE CREAM
3 Medium Bananas Sliced
2 Cups Fresh Strawberries Sliced
2 Cups Skim Milk
1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 Cup Splenda
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth
- Pour into ice cream maker and follow directions given with machine on how to freeze.
- Alternately you may pour into an airtight container and place in freezer for 3 hours stirring once every hour until ready to serve.
- Store in air tight container removing from freezer for 10-15 minutes prior to serving for easy scooping.
- Makes 12 servings. Each serving is only 3 Weight Watchers Points.
Although most would say using Heavy Cream is a no-no when you are counting points I find that it adds just enough creamy flavor to make this feel rich like a traditional ice cream without adding a ton of extra calories.