My friend Emilee made this amazing Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken Pasta recipe a few weeks ago to share with us! She loves buffalo flavored meals, and I knew you guys would appreciate another great low point pasta dish. This is super easy to make, can be adapted to your own level of heat, and is a perfect comfort food!
Buffalo Chicken Pasta
We always recommend using Frank’s Hot Sauce in buffalo flavored meals, but you may find another brand of hot sauce works best for your taste buds. Buffalo chicken pasta is one of those meals that everyone is going to dig into and be amazed at how delicious it is. You can serve this with a big salad or a side of your favorite vegetables.
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Pasta:
2 cups shredded or cubed chicken
1 box penne pasta (12 oz)
8 ounces fat-free cream cheese
1/3-1/2 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce (this is to taste if you prefer hotter or not)
1 package Ranch Seasoning Mix
½ cup fat-free sour cream
1 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, divided
Directions for Buffalo Chicken Pasta:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook pasta according to package, drain and set aside
Spray a large casserole dish (9×13) with nonstick spray
Mix drained pasta with chicken, cream cheese, Frank’s sauce, ranch mix, sour cream, and ½ cup cheese until well blended.
Pour into casserole dish and spread evenly.
Top with remaining cheese
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese has melted.
- 2 cups shredded or cubed chicken
- 1 box penne pasta (12 oz)
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- ⅓-1/2 cup Frank's Hot Sauce (this is to taste if you prefer hotter or not)
- 1 package Ranch Seasoning Mix
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package, drain and set aside
- Spray a large casserole dish (9x13) with nonstick spray
- Mix drained pasta with chicken, cream cheese, Frank's sauce, ranch mix, sour cream, and ½ cup cheese until well blended.
- Pour into casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Top with remaining cheese
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese has melted.
Makes 8 Servings
Each serving is 1 1/2 cups
7 SmartPoints per serving
6 SmartPoints on FreeStyle Plan or FlexPlan
Eating Pasta on Weight Watchers:
Many people feel like you just can’t enjoy pasta anymore when on Weight Watchers. As you can see, that isn’t true at all. Weight Watchers promotes a diet that is high in nutrient dense foods like vegetables, fruits, and lean protein sources. However, there are not off-limits foods. That means you can feel free to eat pasta in moderation. In a recipe like this, adding in some protein like chicken makes it much easier to eat pasta without going overboard.
This buffalo chicken pasta is a perfect option for a family meal or a special treat to make you feel like you are really splurging. While we list using fat-free options for the cheese and sour cream, you can use low fat or full fat. Just remember to recalculate the recipe to make sure you have the points correct!
More Weight Watchers Recipes:
- Instant Pot Italian Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Healthy Creamy Pasta Salad with Ham & Peas
- Low-Fat Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese
- Weight Watchers SmartPoints Spaghetti
- 100+ Delicious Weight Watchers Recipes