One of the things I miss the most about living near my mom is her pot roast. A “Rita Roast” was by far, the best pot roast recipe you’d ever have. There was no competition. I try to duplicate it, and the closest I have come is my Best Pot Roast Recipe for Instant Pot. This is similar to my mom’s recipe, and super easy to finish in just a little more than an hour.
Best Pot Roast Recipe for Instant Pot
This post contains affiliate links. A purchase made via these links may earn me a small commission.
I have an Instant Pot thanks to a great sale last year. One of the first things I made in the Instant Pot was this best pot roast recipe. It was recommended to me by a friend, and I have since tweaked it a bit to make it more like the one I grew up eating. While nothing will ever be as good as Mama’s Rita Roast, this is a pretty close second.
I use this Instant Pot, but you can choose whichever size is best for your family and needs.
Ingredients for the Best Pot Roast
3 pound chuck roast, trimmed
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups baby carrots
Directions for the Best Pot Roast
In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and black pepper.
Liberally sprinkle all sides of the roast with the seasoning blend.
Place roast in bottom of Instant Pot liner.
Add in minced garlic.
Pour in the red wine and beef broth.
Top with chopped onion and red pepper.
Add carrots and potatoes on top of onion.
Place lid and set to seal.
Choose Meat and set to 55 minutes.
Allow to cook, and NPR (natural pressure release) for 15 minutes.
Remove from Instant Pot and shred to serve.
- 3 pound chuck roast, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 8 small potatoes (new potatoes)
- ½ cup red wine
- ½ cup beef broth
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and black pepper.
- Liberally sprinkle all sides of the roast with the seasoning blend.
- Place roast in bottom of Instant Pot liner.
- Add in minced garlic.
- Pour in the red wine and beef broth.
- Top with chopped onion and red pepper.
- Add carrots and potatoes on top of onion.
- Place lid and set to seal.
- Choose Meat and set to 55 minutes.
- Allow to cook, and NPR (natural pressure release) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from Instant Pot and shred to serve.
Makes 8 Servings
7 SmartPoints per serving (including 2 potatoes and 1/2 cup carrots)
Serving this Best Pot Roast Recipe
As you can see, this is a super easy pot roast recipe that your family will love. We divide the potatoes and vegetables up into 8 servings. For us, this is 2 full meals, and 2 extra lunches for my Beau to take with him for work. We use a smaller portion of meat per person since we are watching our calorie intake.
We also have been known to dice the leftover meat and add to a stew, or even mix into a casserole with noodles and create a beef and noodles recipe that everyone loves.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes
- Healthy Beef Stew Recipe
- Burrito Bowl Crescent Ring
- Grilled Pork Chops with Cinnamon Peach Marinade
- Chicken Taco Soup Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast and Vegetables