If you are looking for a delicious summer side for your next barbecue this Southwest Grilled Cream Corn is the perfect item to accompany burgers, ribs, chicken, or grilled pork. We have enjoyed the southwest corn on the cob for several seasons- a similar flavor to this but with a few differences in ingredients. Hubby doesn't enjoy eating it off the cob so I thought I would try to recapture the flavor in a creamy corn- ON THE GRILL! We love grilling out just about anytime the weather is nice so I am always trying to come up with new recipes to toss on. This came out creamy and full of flavor perfect for grilled pork chops and potato salad (recipes linked at bottom of post)
Southwest Grilled Cream Corn
16 oz. bag frozen sweet corn
½ cup fat-free mayonnaise
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
½-3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
½-3/4 tsp. black pepper
Combine corn, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Greek yogurt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a large bowl stir well until all ingredients are combined thoroughly.
Pour into a disposable 8x8 pan- you can use a heat-safe disposable pan from your kitchen but this makes clean up a snap after your cook out!
Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Heat on top shelf of grill, bottom is fine if you don't have 2 racks, I do mine this way so our meat and other items can cook at the same time. Heat until warmed all the way through and ingredients have melted together.
- 16 oz. bag frozen sweet corn
- ½ cup fat-free mayonnaise
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½-¾ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½-¾ tsp. black pepper
- Combine corn, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Greek yogurt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a large bowl stir well until all ingredients are combined thoroughly.
- Place in grill-safe cooking pan or dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Heat on the top shelf of the grill. The bottom is fine if you don't have 2 racks,
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until heated through and all ingredients melted.
- Oven instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
Makes 8 servings
Each Serving is approximately ⅓ cup
3 PointsPlus per Serving
4 SmartPoints per Serving on Beyond the Scale
2 SmartPoints per Serving on FreeStyle Plan or FlexPlan
This is a delicious side dish to go alongside your favorite grilled meats this year during BBQ season. We love to eat this alongside our Balsamic Marinated Grilled Pork Chops with a large side salad or some fresh grilled squash and zucchini!