Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta is one of my family favorite recipes. The longest part of making this dish is waiting for the pasta to be ready. So, it has become one of those go-to recipes for busy weeknights when I want something elevated but easy to make.
Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
This Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta is a quick and easy meal for those busy weeknights. Although I admit, we also love to enjoy this on the weekends. It is a nice break from our normal meal plan. A bit of spice along with favorite pasta and a creamy sauce make it a perfect option that is full of flavor. Shrimp is high in protein, but low in calories. That makes it a perfect option on the WW FreeStyle plan.
Ingredients for Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
Sweet Chili Sauce
Angel Hair Pasta
More Dishes You Will Love
We love both buffalo flavors and shrimp. So, it makes sense that I have created several recipes in the past that fit those flavors. One of our most popular recipes ever is our Buffalo Chicken Pasta. You could also make the grilled shrimp marinade with simple shrimp sauce for grilling this summer. Of course, the best recipe, in my opinion, is the Sticky Buffalo Chicken Tenders that is a copycat recipe similar to Sticky Fingers chicken wings.
Tips for Making Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
Cooking shrimp is intimidating to some people. It doesn’t have to be tough at all! In fact, it is now one of my favorite meals to make since it is so fast and easy. Remember that shrimp takes only 2-3 minutes to cook through. So, it should be the last item you cook, and added to the pasta right before serving.
If you prefer a milder flavor, you can easily cut back on both the sweet chili sauce as well as the sriracha sauce in this recipe. While they are important for overall flavor, they are not necessary for those measurements. I always suggest you start small and add more if desired. You can’t take the heat out of the dish once it is there.
How to Serve Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta
It doesn’t matter if you are looking for a quick weeknight meal or if you are looking for something delicious for date night. This is the dish you want to serve. Below are just a few things that pair beautifully with this recipe.
- Serve with a large side salad and light Italian dressing
- Roasted broccoli, brussels sprouts, or asparagus is perfect on the side with this pasta recipe
- This is best served fresh. When reheating this dish, remove the shrimp and reheat the pasta and sauce fully, before adding the shrimp back into the mixture for 25-30 seconds to heat through. Shrimp can become rubbery when reheated.
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound medium shrimp
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, chili sauce, lime juice, garlic, and Sriracha sauce. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook about 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until just cooked through.
- Next, add pasta and sauce to the pan.
- Stir to mix everything and serve