I’ve always loved baked beans, and this Instant Pot Homemade Baked Beans Recipe is a new version that has become a family favorite. It’s hard to find a good canned variety that isn’t loaded with sugar. So, I created this one that has tons of flavor without the syrupy sweetness of other recipes.
Instant Pot Homemade Baked Beans Recipe
This recipe contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission from purchases made via these links.
I use my Instant Pot on a regular basis for tons of recipes, but this is a new favorite. I’ve been adding this over 1/2 cup of rice and eating for a protein packed lunch, but you could also enjoy it alongside other barbecue items if you prefer. It’s super easy, affordable, and delicious.
I use the Instant Pot LUX60, but I’ve also heard great things about the Crockpot 6qt 8-in-1 Multi-Use Pressure Cooker. You can also cook in your slow cooker, r stovetop, but I find this to be the best easiest cooking method.
Ingredients for Homemade Baked Beans
1 cup dry pinto beans
1/2 cup dry black beans
1/2 cup dry dark red kidney beans
6 cups vegetable broth
3 cups water
1 onion, diced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 cups green enchilada sauce (no sugar added and fat-free)
1/4 cup brown mole sauce
3/4 cups barbecue sauce
Directions for Homemade Baked Beans
Combine all ingredients in your Instant Pot Liner and stir to combine.
Place lid and set to seal.
Set to high pressure and cook for 60 minutes.
Once cooking cycle has completed, allow the Instant Pot to naturally pressure release.
Remove lid and stir to combine. Taste for flavor. You may wish to add salt or pepper for more flavor.
- 1 cup dry pinto beans
- ½ cup dry black beans
- ½ cup dry dark red kidney beans
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce (no sugar added and fat-free)
- ¼ cup brown mole sauce
- ¾ cups barbecue sauce
- Combine all ingredients in your Instant Pot Liner and stir to combine.
- Place lid and set to seal.
- Set to high pressure and cook for 60 minutes.
- Once cooking cycle has completed, allow the Instant Pot to naturally pressure release.
- Remove lid and stir to combine. Taste for flavor. You may wish to add salt or pepper for more flavor.
Makes 10 servings (1 1/2 cups per serving)
3 SmartPoints on FreeStyle, Flex, and Your Way Plans
7 SmartPoints on Beyond the Scale
Homemade baked beans are a perfect meal in themselves or served in smaller portions alongside your favorite veggies and chicken! You could also make these in a Slow Cooker or stovetop. Just cook on high for 5 hours in the slow cooker, and on medium for 2 hours on the stovetop. It’s much easier to use the Instant Pot, but everyone needs options!
If you are looking for more great recipes, don’t forget to join our Weight Watchers Support Group on Facebook!
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Italian Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Eggroll in a Bowl
- Best Pot Roast Recipe for Instant Pot
- Chicken and Bean Soup Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Roasted Chicken Breast and Vegetables