A few weeks ago we brought you a recipe for a new favorite muffin in the house - Organic Coconut Lime Muffins. Today we are bringing you another new favorite we experimented with making and know you'll love as well. Here are our Organic Sugar Free Lemon Poppyseed Muffins. Not only do these have a bright lemon flavor, but they are super moist and of course absolutely gorgeous too! As we are working harder to remove processed foods, refined sugars and non organic foods from our diet, more and more treats are being homemade. We love how these turned out and hope you enjoy them as much as we have.
ORGANIC SUGAR FREE LEMON POPPYSEED MUFFINS
2 Cups Organic Unbleached Flour, sifted
1 ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
¼ Cup Organic Raw Honey
1 Tablespoon Stevia
¾ Cup Fresh Organic Lemon Juice
¼ Cup Unsweetned Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
1 ½ Tablespoon Organic Coconut Oil
Zest of 1 lemon
2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray or spritz of coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In small bowl sift together dry ingredients and set aside
- In medium bowl, beat together until smooth the following ingredients: honey, stevia, lemon juice, milk, coconut oil and lemon zest.
- Gently mix dry ingredients into wet. Be careful not to over mix as that will make muffins tough.
- Pour into muffin tins (¾ way full in each tin)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until desired golden brown on top
Your family will love these tasty Organic Sugar Free Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. Not only will they satisfy that need for something sweet, they will provide you with a bright flavor that is versatile for breakfast or dessert.
Can I use Almond flour?
You can use almond flour, but it may have a slightly different texture.