One of our challenges since changing our eating habits has been to include more fish into our diets. I grew up in a house where the only fish we ate was deep fried and came from one of Dad’s many fishing expeditions. As an adult I have come to enjoy a few other types of fish, but typically cringe at the idea. This Easy Lemon Pepper Tilapia is a bright and flavorful recipe that takes only a few minutes to prepare while being healthy. Not only is it a lean protein, it doesn’t have the strong fishy flavor some others do, so it is easy for me to eat since I tend to be the picky one in the bunch. As they say, sometimes going simple is the best way. That is definitely true with this recipe.
EASY LEMON PEPPER TILAPIA
4 3oz. Pieces of Tilapia
1 Lemon Sliced
1 Teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter (or Olive Oil if preferred)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line baking dish with aluminum foil leaving enough overlapping to close over top of fish when baking.
- Spread butter or oil along bottom of foil lining
- Place rinsed and patted dry Tilapia pieces in single layer on top of aluminum
- Lightly sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and black pepper
- Place lemon slices across top of fish
- Cover with extra foil
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE
2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
1 Teaspoon Spicy Brown Mustard
1 Teaspoon Dill Pickle Relish
1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- Mix all ingredients together in small bowl.
- Chill for one hour
- Serve with favorite fish dish
This is one of the most simple recipes yet is perfectly balanced with bright flavors that make even the pickiest of eaters love this dish. Tilapia is a very inexpensive and lean protein that adapts readily to nearly any flavor profile. Add a sprig or two of fresh dill in the packet for a little extra flavor as an added option.
We love this easy lemon pepper Tilapia with some brown rice and steamed vegetables for a well balanced meal. It is also excellent on a toasted bun with a spread of our favorite home made tartar sauce above for a fun and bright fish sandwich.