Let's get real here for a moment or two. Let's dig into one of those things that we tend to not talk about publicly. Taking showers with your spouse or significant other can be a wonderful thing. Oh, we aren't talking about those kind of showers. We are talking about these 15 Reasons To Take A Shower With Your Spouse. The fun, the funny, the odd, the useful and the kind of things that just make your life and relationship better.
Why am I telling you to take a shower with your spouse? Because I know what it can do for a relationship. You see, about a year ago I had this shoulder issue. My left shoulder from time to time will lock up and cause a considerable amount of pain if I try to move that arm very much. That leads to difficulty doing everything, especially things like washing your hair, and yes, I am one of those people who really needs to wash her hair every day. So, as I was there and in a considerable amount of pain, I asked for help. That meant my Beau and I took a shower together. There was nothing sexual about the shower. It was simply getting cleaned up for the day, but it was so much fun that even after my shoulder was healed - we just kept doing it. Here I am today to share with you the reasons that taking a shower with your spouse can change everything about your relationship.
15 REASONS TO TAKE A SHOWER WITH YOUR SPOUSE
This post contains affiliate links.
- Someone else washing your hair is incredibly relaxing. The slight scalp massage and feeling their fingers in your hair is the next best thing to a back rub after a long stressful day.
- That spot on your back you never can reach will finally get washed properly.
- Being naked together in the bright light and a tiny space can be frightening at first, but will quickly begin to break down barriers. You are forced to trust that person with your insecurities, and that increases the trust in your relationship overall.
- Water conservation! It's like a buy one get one free sale!
- You might spot an odd mole or growth that could have become cancer.
- Making Mohawk’s with the shampoo in your hair is so much more fun when you have someone to judge your skill.
- Someone else is there to pick up the soap when you drop it, so there is no need to buy soap on a rope. Yes, that is a legitimate product.
- You can bargain with each other over who is going to do the dreaded chore with hot water dibs. Yes, the person who gives up the last of the hot water gets a break from their hated chore.
- You'll find all of their ticklish spots.
- The best brainstorming happens in the shower, and now you have someone to talk to about it.
- That kiss on the back of your neck is way better when you are standing under the hot water of a shower too.
- You stop seeing each other as the tired person on the other side of the bed, and more like the lover you first fell in love with.
- You will get out of bed earlier because you'll want to beat them to that first spot under the hot water.
- You'll realize how much you missed the little intimate things you use to do. The touches, the kisses, the hugs, the gentle things that weren't sexual in nature, but simply loving.
- Some days showers together do lead to other intimate things which make your day a lot easier to face.
Sure there is a lot of jest in that list, but the truth is there are some great things that can happen when you decide to let yourself be vulnerable with your spouse. Not only will you realize all those imperfections about your body you constantly stress over aren't even noticed by them, but you'll see what you've been missing. The physical closeness doesn't have to lead to intimacy. It more often than not won't, yet being there and allowing yourself to be naked, vulnerable and okay with it will make you sexier to them.
Intimacy is not a synonym for sexual relations. Sure, our society puts them together all the time, but that doesn't make it so. Intimacy is a much deeper and more emotionally personal connection you have with someone else. When you allow yourself to open up and just be natural and yourself with another human being - you are allowing them into an intimate part of who you are. If you feel your relationship with your spouse is faltering in true nonsexual intimacy, why not try something a little different and knock on the bathroom door to see if you can join them in the shower. You never know what will happen, but likely you'll be surprised at how emotional the connection is instead of physical.
If your goal is to improve the relationship you have with your spouse, this is a great method. It falls in line with some of the best relationship books I have read. I highly recommend checking out the following books:
I highly recommend checking out the following relationship books:
Another reason to shower with your spouse is to simply give them or yourself that physical touch that makes you feel loved. Again, it's not all about sexual intimacy, but about a deeper intimacy. I recommend reading the 5 Love Languages book with your spouse to understand a bit more about how this can impact your relationship.
Nah..just do it! We shower together with kids in the house all the time. They think it is normal now! 🙂
I'm young, I'm only 17 for 2 more months but, when my boyfriend asked if I wanted to take a nice hot shower with him, I got really scared! I've been raped 4 times.... I didn't know what to say or do so I ran and hid....
Any feedback for me?
Nobody should feel pressured to do anything they don't want to do. If it makes you uncomfortable, you should avoid it for sure. If he doesn't understand, then he isn't for you. I would recommend seeking support and counsel from someone you trust at home or school. You can even seek out support as a rape survivor at your local hospital.
My husband and I shower together about once a week. This started a month or so into our relationship. We have been together for 11 years. Married only for 2. We have two children and being in the shower is a great excuse for some alone time. We just talk or sometimes get much closer. Either way, we both end up CLEAN and reconnected. I don't understand why more people don't shower with their significant other.
I Would Be Nervous.
Me and mine just shower at night together when the kids are in bed, and sometimes in the morning, they understand we are together and that's why its ok for us to do that.
My wife and I don't 🚿 together often enough. It usually leads to more intimacy in the bedroom after we've toweled each other dry. The 15 year old boy being out of the house makes her more comfortable. Personally, I don't care either way!
My wife and myself have been showering together for years. At first we were not comfortable doing it knowing her daughter was next door but it became natural after some time. Today when her mother comes and stay at home we do not prevent ourself from doing it. I love the feeling of closeness and extreme proximity we share when I clean every parts of her body. After the shower I will apply lotion on her breast, her legs and harms. I'll then kiss her and hug her so both of us can feel each other's body.
Forget it! If the purpose is to conserve what it will do you no good.
Some couple like hugging and kissing in shower so water time could take up more its romantic
Its the best thing me and my wife can do is take a shower with eachother it makes u so much closer to eachother! And its romantic to! Whats better yet is have some shower sex as well!
I just like the closeness.