This easy Asian Salad Recipe is definitely one of my new favorite meals. I can have this by itself, or with some chicken or shrimp for a low point meal that is delicious and simple to make. The addition of cabbage makes it a bit more satisfying than a regular salad would be.
Easy Asian Salad Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission on purchases made from these links.
I mix the dressing and salad together, but you can easily serve up the dressing on the side. With the lower point options, it is easier than ever to make this a full meal. A bit of grilled or shredded chicken really adds bulk to the salad and makes it a meal that is ideal for lunches or dinner. Plus, the flavors are great and make it a hit with the entire family!
Ingredients for Asian Salad Recipe
2 cups shredded cabbage
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 green onion, diced
1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon sliced almonds
1/4 cup tortilla strips
Directions for Asian Salad Recipe
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic until well blended. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together cabbage, lettuce, carrots, and onions until well combined.
Pour dressing mixture over salad greens along with almonds and tortillas then toss gently to coat.
Makes 2 serving
2 cups per serving
4 SmartPoints per serving on Weight Watchers FreeStyle, Flex, Your Way, and Beyond the Scale Plans
5 PointsPlus per serving
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- ¼ cup tortilla strips
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cabbage, lettuce, carrots, and onions until well combined.
- Pour dressing mixture over salad greens along with almonds and tortillas then toss gently to coat.
If you like a great salad for lunch but want something different, then this easy Asian salad recipe is a must on your meal plan! I love that it is one of those recipes that all of us enjoy. I often add some mandarin oranges into the mix, and the Wee Child likes his salad with some grilled chicken. There is nothing as good as a flavorful salad to add greens and fiber to your meal plan!
More Weight Watchers Recipes:
- Low Fat Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
- Black Bean and Corn Salad with Avocado
- Creamy Kale Salad with Brussels Sprouts
- Black Bean Mexican Salad Recipe
- Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
- Healthy Creamy Pasta Salad with Peas and Ham