I never thought I would see the day that I loved kale or Brussels sprouts in anything. This Creamy Kale Salad with Brussels Sprouts is seriously amazing. It is also a perfect side dish for summer cookouts! I've created a lightened up version that is similar to the one served by Cracker Barrel, and I am sure you'll love it as much as I did!
Creamy Kale Salad with Brussels Sprouts
This post contains Amazon and Tupperware affiliate links. I may earn a commission from purchases made via these links.
Have you avoided kale and brussels sprouts like I have? Well, wait no longer. This slaw or salad recipe is just simply amazing! It is crunchy, a bit sweet, and a lot tangy. It packs a ton of nutrients and even more flavor. I love how simple it is to make, and you can customize if you prefer a different nut or want to avoid the added calories of the dried cranberries.
Ingredients for Kale Salad with Brussels Sprouts
2 cups Kale, shredded
2 cups Brussels Sprouts, shredded
1 cup Red Cabbage, shredded
½ cup Fat-Free Mayonnaise
1 cup Fat-Free Balsamic Vinaigrette
½ cup Sunflower Seeds, lightly roasted
½ cup Dried Cranberries
Directions for Kale Salad with Brussels Sprouts
After shredding Kale, Brussels Sprouts, and Red Cabbage mix together in a large bowl until well blended. I use my Tupperware Large Impressions Bowl for this since it doubles as a storage bowl.
In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise and vinaigrette.
Pour dressing over kale mixture and combine well.
Mix in sunflower seeds and dried cranberries until just combined.
- 2 cups Kale, shredded
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts, shredded
- 1 cup Red Cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup Fat-Free Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Fat-Free Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ½ cup Sunflower Seeds, lightly roasted
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries
- After shredding Kale, Brussels Sprouts, and Red Cabbage mix together in a large bowl until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise and vinaigrette.
- Pour dressing over kale mixture and combine well.
- Mix in sunflower seeds and dried cranberries until just combined.
Serving Size: 1 cup
5 SmartPoints per serving
While this is a bit high in points for a simple side dish, it can easily be an entire meal. It has tons of protein, vitamins, and delicious flavor. A serving of this with a side of grilled shrimp, grilled chicken or a grilled pork chop would be a great meal that is satisfying. I calculated this recipe using the Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator within my account. You can also use the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator without having a Weight Watchers account.
Benefits of eating kale:
Let's just say, I have been skeptical about kale. I just didn't enjoy the flavor. So, I have worked hard to find a way to make it appetizing, because I knew it was beneficial to my health. This recipe definitely makes it easy to add to our menu plan a few times a month.
- An excellent source of iron
- Has tons of fiber
- Is high in Vitamin K and Vitamin A
- Has anti-inflammatory properties as well as being filled with antioxidants
These are just a few of the best things about eating this creamy kale salad. Not to mention the great benefits of Brussels sprouts! Make this on a regular basis, and feel no guilt about adding a cup to your lunch or dinner!
More Salad Recipes:
- Healthy Creamy Pasta Salad with Peas
- BLT Chopped Salad: Weight Watchers Salad
- Black Bean Mexican Salad Recipe
- Greek Pasta Salad: Weight Watchers Pasta Salad