This delicious Black Bean and Corn Salad is something that was shared with me while on a retreat in Ohio with some fellow bloggers back in July. My friend Tonya, from Travel Inspired Living, made a very similar salad and shared with us. It was so tasty, I knew I wanted to make it when I got home. I changed it just a bit to make sure it was both vegan and Weight Watchers friendly.
Black Bean and Corn Salad with Avocado
This is traditionally a salad you would make in the summer months to go alongside a barbecue. Served with chips, this black bean and corn salad is also sometimes called cowboy caviar. The version Tonya shared was a bit sweeter and to me, made a great meal without chips. Adding it to a bed of lettuce provides a wonderful meatless meal that is full of protein and flavor.
Note: If you want to print this for easy reference, just click on the print option below!
Ingredients for Black Bean and Corn Salad:
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 10oz package frozen corn
1 large tomato, diced
1 large cucumber, diced
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 ripe medium avocado, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
Juice of 1 large lime
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions for Black bean and Corn Salad:
In a small bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar, cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Rinse canned black beans well.
Pour black beans, corn, avocado, tomato, cucumber, cilantro into a large bowl.
Pour in lemon juice, the balsamic vinegar and seasoning mixture, minced garlic, and olive oil.
Mix well until all vegetables coated and evenly mixed.
Serve over a bed of lettuce or with chips for dipping.
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 10oz package frozen corn
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe medium avocado, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 large lime
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar, cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Rinse canned black beans well.
- Pour black beans, corn, avocado, tomato, cucumber, cilantro into a large bowl.
- Pour in lemon juice, the balsamic vinegar and seasoning mixture, minced garlic, and olive oil.
- Mix well until all vegetables coated and evenly mixed.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce or with chips for dipping.
Makes 8 Servings (approximately 1/2 cup)
10 PointsPlus per serving
4 SmartPoints per serving on Beyond the Scale
2 SmartPoints per serving on FreeStyle Plan or FlexPlan
As you can see, this black bean and corn salad is a great option for an addition to a big bed of lettuce for a salad. It is also a great choice for an appetizer dip for any party. You can easily serve with baked tortilla chips or even crackers!
I figured this recipe using the recipe builder within the Weight Watchers dashboard of my own plan. You can also calculate recipe SmartPoints using the manual Weight Watcher Calculator. For those who are looking for a lower cost way to work with a Weight Watchers system, you may be interested in using the app iTrackBites. Regardless of how you calculate points, this is a delicious and easy recipe to whip up for your friends and family!
More Weight Watchers Recipes:
- Homemade Refried Beans
- Healthy Veggie Dip Recipe
- Garlic Roasted Garbanzo Beans
- Low Fat Crescent Roll Dogs
- Healthy Baked Pizza Stick
- Healthy Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe
- Weight Watchers SmartPoints Meal Plan | 1 Week Plan