Growing up, my mom and grandma would often make tuna patties or tuna cakes. This Air Fryer Tuna Cakes Recipe is one of those remakes that takes tons of oil out of their classic pan-fried recipe. I remember many times seeing my mom turn a small can of tuna into a meal for 4 people with a few simple additions. While this recipe is much simpler than hers was, it still has the same flavor and affordability I remember as a child.
Air Fryer Tuna Cakes Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a small commission.
A few months ago, I invested in an Air Fryer. The VonShef 3qt Air Fryer is the one that I picked up. It is on the smaller side, so works great for our family of 3. If you have a larger family or need larger portions, definitely invest in a larger air fryer like the Homia 5.5qt Air Fryer. The price is nearly double, but well worth it when you are making larger portions.
I wasn't sure what all I would use it for, or if it would really work for me. While I am still following a plant-based diet almost exclusively, my Beau and son aren't, so these are a great option for them to eat. I have fallen in love with using it for things like veggie egg rolls, tater tots, roasted potatoes, and potstickers. It can also be used for meats and tofu.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Tuna Cakes
1 3oz. can tuna in water
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon light mayonnaise
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
⅛ teaspoon dried dill
⅛ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
Directions for Air Fryer Tuna Cakes
Drain water from tuna
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together until well blended. Will be slightly moist, but should be able to form patties.
Divide into 4 equal portions, and create small circular patties.
Lay in the basket of air fryer in a single layer.
Following your air fryer directions, close and set to 380 degrees for 10 minutes. You may flip each patty halfway through if preferred, but it will cook well either way.
- 1 3oz. can tuna in water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon light mayonnaise
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon dried dill
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Drain water from tuna
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together until well blended. Will be slightly moist, but should be able to form patties.
- Divide into 4 equal portions, and create small circular patties.
- Lay in the basket of air fryer in a single layer.
- Following your air fryer directions, close and set to 380 degrees for 10 minutes. You may flip each patty halfway through if preferred, but it will cook well either way.
Makes 1 serving of 4 patties
1 SmartPoint on FreeStyle Plan, Flex Plan, and Your Way Plan
2 SmartPoints on Beyond the Scale
No matter what Weight Watchers plan you are on, this air fryer tuna cake recipe is a great point friendly option. You can easily double or triple this recipe to fit your family needs, but just 4 patties is a great lunch or dinner option. Serve with your favorite low-fat or homemade tartar sauce. With such low points, you can easily fit in your other comfort food favorites like macaroni and cheese or even mashed potatoes and a side of steamed vegetables. If you are looking for more great recipes, don't forget to join our Weight Watchers Support Group on Facebook!
More Weight Watchers Recipes:
- 75 Delicious Weight Watchers FreeStyle Recipes
- Weight Watchers Lunch Healthy Tuna Salad Wrap
- Healthy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Healthy Creamy Pasta Salad with Ham & Peas
- Greek Pasta Salad: Weight Watchers Recipe
- BLT Chopped Salad: Weight Watchers Salad
- Low-Fat Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
- Black Bean and Corn Salad with Avocado