Growing up, we had cornbread dressing for the holidays, so making this Vegan Best Stuffing Recipe is something totally new to me. I've had stuffing and enjoyed it, but it hasn't always been my "thing". This year, however, I knew it would be a simple last minute recipe to add to the menu for the holidays.
Vegan Best Stuffing Recipe
Adapting my favorite recipes to fit my vegan needs has been an interesting undertaking. Some things just don't work out so great. Others, like this best stuffing recipe, are ideal. This one has great flavor but doesn't have as many calories or points when on Weight Watchers. Of course, that does depend on how much you have!
Ingredients for Best Stuffing Recipe
5 cups Pepperidge Farm Cubed Stuffing (unseasoned is vegan)
3 cups fat-free vegetable broth
¼ cup reduced-fat vegan butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons dry Vegetable Soup Mix
2 cloves minced garlic
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons dried sage
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
Directions for Best Stuffing Recipe
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, mix together stuffing, broth, melted margarine, garlic, onion, sage, and marjoram.
Pour into casserole dish.
Bake at 325 for 12 minutes or until heated through.
- 5 cups Pepperidge Farm Cubed Stuffing (unseasoned)
- 3 cups fat-free vegetable broth
- ¼ cup reduced-fat vegan butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons dry Vegetable Soup Mix
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together stuffing, broth, melted margarine, garlic, onion, sage, and marjoram.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Bake at 325 for 12 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 10 servings
6 Pointeaspoonlus per serving
4 SmartPoints per serving on Beyond the Scale, FreeStyle Plan, and Flex Plan
Tips for Making the Best Stuffing Ever
So, this is a super simple vegan stuffing recipe. An easy one, but simple. It's ideal for last-minute additions to meals. However, you can really add some extra flavor and fun by doing just a few extra things.
- Add in sauteed diced onions, celery, or carrots
- Roast fresh garlic to add to the mixture for a deeper flavor
- Toast the stuffing cubes prior to mixing to add more flavor and texture
- Use homemade vegetable broth
This is an easy vegan recipe to add to your holiday routine. With low points values, it fits easily into your holiday menu plan and is a great standard to have on hand year-round for a simple side. Since it is ready in just a few minutes, it is also a great idea to have these ingredients on hand in your pantry for fast meals.