This Instant Pot Italian Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe is a wonderful meal that your whole family is going to love. Easy, affordable, and delicious – this was a hit when Emilee made it for her family! Since I am no longer eating meat, she has been helping me create great Weight Watchers recipes for you, and this is one of her latest!
Instant Pot Italian Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission from purchases made via these links.
One of my favorite things to make has always been a simple pasta dish. Just because you are eating healthier and following Weight Watchers SmartPoints plan doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy pasta. This recipe shows you just how delicious you can make mealtime while still staying within your points plan! Plus, this is an excellent Instant Pot recipe to impress anyone who wonders if an Instant Pot is a good investment. I love my Instant Pot Duo60.
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
16oz box penne pasta
2 cups chicken stock (or water)
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
½ red onion, diced
1 cup mushrooms, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced (can use equivalent garlic powder if you prefer)
2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
1 cup low-fat part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ cup fat-free cream cheese
Directions for Italian Creamy Chicken Pasta
Add all ingredients to Instant Pot liner, except for cheeses.
Mix well so that pasta is covered in liquid and everything is well combined. (This means that everything has been coated, but not that it is floating in water. So, stick with just the 2 cup measurement)
Place lid and set to seal.
Set to high pressure (manual) for 9 minutes. Once done, allow to NPR (natural pressure release) for 5 minutes.
Once pressure has released, remove the lid and stir in cheeses until well combined and melted.
Serve with additional Parmesan or parsley as desired.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 16oz box penne pasta
- 2 cups chicken stock (or water)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (can use equivalent garlic powder if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- 1 cup low-fat part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup fat-free cream cheese
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot liner, except for cheeses.
- Mix well so that pasta is covered in liquid and everything is well combined.
- Place lid and set to seal.
- Set to high pressure (manual) for 9 minutes. Once done, allow to NPR (natural pressure release) for 5 minutes.
- Once pressure has released, remove the lid and stir in cheeses until well combined and melted.
- Serve with additional Parmesan or parsley as desired.
Makes 8 servings (1 1/2 cup per serving)
6 SmartPoints on FreeStyle or Flex Plans
8 SmartPoints per Serving on Beyond the Scale
Alternate Stovetop Cooking Method:
This could also be cooked easily on the stove top if you prefer. To cook on the stove top, you would need to cook the pasta on the stove top according to package directions. Next, you would add a bit of oil to a large stockpot, cook the vegetables and chicken until done, then combine with already cooked pasta and cheese.
This easy Instant Pot Italian Creamy Chicken Pasta is a great meal that is super kid-friendly. Make this and portion out for your lunches to stay on track with your Weight Watchers diet plan, or divide up and enjoy a family meal that everyone loves. Pasta is a great easy meal that can add to your meal plan with just a few minutes prep work!
More Weight Watchers Recipes:
- Instant Pot Eggroll in a Bowl
- Best Pot Roast Recipe for Instant Pot
- Chicken and Bean Soup Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Roasted Chicken Breast and Vegetables
- 35 Easy Weight Watchers Soup Recipes
- Weight Watchers SmartPoints Meal Plan
- Weight Watchers Recipes Freestyle
- Weight Watchers Breakfasts Menu