Going vegan doesn’t mean I have to give up the best foods. In fact, using this Vegan Black Vegan Brownie recipe is a perfect way to add not just a great vegan chocolate dessert, but also one that is low on Weight Watchers points. This makes it a great idea for an easy treat that is healthier, high in protein, and best of all, delicious.
Vegan Black Bean Brownies
A lot of people don’t care for typical vegan black bean brownies because the flavor isn’t sweet enough. This is not a sugar-free recipe though. I’ve worked with it a few times and finally came to one that I really enjoy. You can use canned black beans, or you can cook from dry beans without seasonings. Whatever you prefer will work just the same.
Ingredients for Vegan Black Bean Brownies
1 1/2 cups black beans
1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions for Vegan Black Bean Brownies
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Spray a 8×8 casserole dish with non-stick spray
Drain and rinse the black beans, then pour into a blender or food processor and pulse until mostly smooth
Dump black beans in a large bowl along with applesauce and molasses.
Sift in cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder and stir until well combined.
Pour into prepared casserole dish and bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until cooked through and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 1½ cups black beans
- ¼ cup blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray an 8x8 casserole dish with non-stick spray
- Drain and rinse the black beans, then pour into a blender or food processor and pulse until mostly smooth
- Dump black beans in a large bowl along with applesauce and molasses.
- Sift in cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder and stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until cooked through and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Makes 12 servings – 1 brownie per serving
3 PointsPlus per brownie
1 SmartPoint per brownie on FreeStyle Plan and Flex Plan
4 SmartPoints per brownie on Beyond the Scale
Making these super easy and delicious vegan black bean brownies is a great way to satisfy your cravings. With only 1 SmartPoint per brownie on the new FreeStyle Plan or Flex Plan, you know you can indulge in 1-2 brownies without guilt. They are just what you need for a perfect chocolate indulgence. Cravings won’t get to you when you grab easy options like this!
If you are looking for more great recipes, don’t forget to join our Weight Watchers Support Group on Facebook!
More Vegan Recipes:
- Vegan Zero Point Crockpot Bean Soup
- Vegan Fried Rice Stuffed Homemade Egg Rolls
- Lazy Vegan Fried Rice
- Vegan Stuffed Squash with Wild Rice and Sausage
- Simple Vegan Potato Soup Recipe
- Vegan Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Chocolate Coconut Vegan Pecan Pie