While I don’t drink alcohol, many of my readers have asked for some lower point cocktail recipes. Since my good friend Derrick from This Worthey Life is always sharing great ones, I asked him to whip up this Strawberry Gin Cocktail Recipe for you guys to test out. He has used some great combinations of flavors to really add a punch to a cocktail that would normally be much higher in points.
Skinny Strawberry Gin Cocktail Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission on purchases made from these links.
As I mentioned, I’m not an alcohol drinker, so I have to trust my friends to tell me this is a tasty treat. Yes, at 5 SmartPoints per serving, it can add up fast. That said, it is much lower in points than the alternatives that tend to have 12-15 points per serving. If you aren’t a wine drinker but prefer cocktails with hard liquor, this will do the trick. Plus, it’s super fast and easy to make at home!
Note: As always, remember to drink responsibly and never drink and drive!
Ingredients for Strawberry Gin Cocktail Recipe:
1/4-1/2 teaspoon Stevia (as needed to sweeten berries)
6 strawberries, cut in half
Directions for Strawberry Gin Cocktail Recipe:
Pour into an airtight container, and store in the refrigerator for at least one hour before use.
- 2 ounces Gin
- 1-ounce Stevia Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 3 ounces Strawberry Sparkling Water
- Fresh strawberry garnish
- Fresh sprig of mint
- Ingredients For Strawberry Simple Syrup
- ½ cup water
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon Stevia (as needed to sweeten berries)
- 6 strawberries, cut in half
- In a small saucepan, heat water, Stevia, and 6 strawberries over medium/high heat.
- Use a fork or spoon to mash the strawberries to release the juices
- Allow this mixture to come to a boil, and continue boiling for two minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from direct heat, and cover with a lid to allow the mixture to steep for 15 minutes.
- Pour into an airtight container, and store in the refrigerator for at least one hour before use.
- In a cocktail shaker add ½ cup of ice, 2 ounces gin, 1-ounce Stevia strawberry simple syrup, and strawberry sparkling water.
- Using a long-handled bar spoon stir the ingredients vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a standard rocks glass filled with ice or a single large ice ball or cube.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries on a cocktail stick. Serve.
More Weight Watchers Recipes:
- 55 Top Weight Watchers FreeStyle Chicken Recipes
- 30 FreeStyle Weight Watchers Pizza Recipes
- 75 FreeStyle Weight Watchers Recipes for Breakfast
- 75 Delicious Weight Watchers FreeStyle Recipes