Slow Cooker Pear Butter is a great zero point treat for Weight Watchers. I have totally fallen in love with this way of cooking down fruits to make my own homemade jams, butter, and spreads. There is no need for added sugars when you have great fruit for flavor and natural sweetness.
Slow Cooker Pear Butter
This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission on purchases made through those links.
I use a 6-quart slow cooker to make this slow cooker pear butter. You don't need that large of a slow cooker, but I find the heat in this one is more consistent than the smaller options I have on hand. Also, while I don't peel my pears for this, many prefer to peal their fruit before cooking. If so, I love this vegetable peeler for comfortably handling and thin slices of the skin.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Pear Butter:
6 cups pear, diced into cubes
½ cup water
Directions for Slow Cooker Pear Butter:
If desired, peel pears.
Core and slice into cubes
Place in slow cooker alongside ½ cup water
Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours. You may open to stir occasionally if desired.
If chunks remain, you can use an immersion blender to puree or leave as is for a thicker pear butter.
- 6 cups pear, diced into cubes
- ½ cup water
- If desired, peel pears.
- Core and slice into cubes
- Place in slow cooker alongside ½ cup water
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours. You may open to stir occasionally if desired.
- If chunks remain, you can use an immersion blender to puree or leave as is for a thicker pear butter.
Makes 4 cups prepared
Zero SmartPoints on Weight Watchers FreeStyle, Flex, Your Way, or SmartPoints Plans
This slow cooker pear butter is a favorite easy recipe to make. It is simple to make, and of course, adds a perfect sweet treat to your day. A zero point option to spread over toast, or to mix into yogurt. It's a great way to make something healthy and natural to add to your day that satisfies that sweet craving. While it may not look pretty, the flavor will win you over!
If you are looking for more great recipes, don't forget to join our Weight Watchers Support Group on Facebook!
More Weight Watchers Recipes:
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Funfetti Jello Cookies
- Apple Pie Cookies Recipe
- Healthy Biscuit Recipe with Greek Yogurt
- Weight Watchers Pistachio Fluff
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cobbler
- 75 Weight Watchers FreeStyle Breakfast Recipes