I grew up enjoying a certain frothy orange drink at the mall, and this copycat recipe is a favorite of ours! I am so happy my friend Erica made this for us to share here! Since we don't have any Orange Julius restaurants in our local area, I am always excited to see them when we travel. In fact, I probably indulge in them a bit too much while we are on the road.
Copycat Frothy Drink Recipe (Copycat Orange Julius)
This post contains affiliate links.
This is surprisingly simple to create, and the secret ingredient is a dash of vanilla extract. I never knew that this orange drink included vanilla, but looking back it makes perfect sense! I make this recipe now in our Ninja Blender, but you could easily use a regular high-powered blender. Just make sure it will be able to go through the ice cubes well to create that super blended frothy drink.
This is not at all a healthy drink option, with tons of sugar in this drink it is definitely one you'll only want to make on occasion as a treat.
- ½ can of pulp free frozen orange concentrate
- 15 ice cubes
- 1½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- ⅛ cup granulated sugar
- Oranges for garnish (optional)
- Open up your can of frozen orange juice and cut in half (or use all and double the recipe)
- Place your ice cubes in the bottom of your blender then add your orange juice, vanilla, milk, and sugar
- Turn your blender to smoothie mode and blend for 1-2 minutes until you have a creamy mixture
- Pour into your favorite glass and a slice of orange for garnish and enjoy!
Don't miss out on some of our favorite family friendly recipes!
No Churn Pina Colada Ice Cream
My name is Erica but my favorite name is momma. I'm a married mother of 1. Jesus is a big part of my life. I enjoy creative baking and arts and crafts as much as your average kindergartener. I love make up and dressing up but not afraid of a little outdoors action. I hope you enjoy my recipes and fun.
Leave a Reply