If you want a plate of comfort food, then this Chicken Fajitas Loaded Sweet Potato Recipe is going to become a new favorite. This is so simple and easy to make. I love the idea of having sweet potato as a base for recipes, as it is a favorite root vegetable in our house. Of course, it is pointed, but still, a wonderful healthier option for dinner!
Chicken Fajita Loaded Sweet Potato Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission on purchases made via these links.
Let me start with the fact that this loaded sweet potato recipe is really just a combination of two of our other favorite recipes. So, you'll be clicking to them for the full recipes, but I know you will love it. Also, if you are on the WW FreeStyle plan, you know that sweet potatoes are one starch that we have to count on the plan. The best way to accurately do this is to weigh your potatoes. I have a simple Etekcity Electric Digital Kitchen Scale. There are tons of other options out there, but this one was cheap and is easy to use. If you invest in nothing else during your WW journey, a food scale is a MUST.
For this recipe, I used medium sweet potatoes. They measured from 4-6 ounces per potato once cooked. So, an average of 5 SmartPoints for a medium sweet potato is typical, in my experience.
Recipes Needed for this Meal:
Because I have already shared the recipes before for part of this meal, I am simply linking them below. You will need to follow them to complete the meal. This is really an idea more than a complete recipe for you.
Ingredients for Chicken Fajita Loaded Sweet Potato Recipe
4 medium sweet potatoes
4 servings zero point baked chicken fajitas
4 servings easy avocado sauce
Optional: shredded cheese and diced red onions to top
Directions for Chicken Fajita Loaded Sweet Potato Recipe
Preheat oven to 400° degrees
Wash and dry sweet potatoes
Pierce with a fork 2-3 times.
Bake on a lined baking sheet for 1 hour at 400° degrees
Remove sweet potatoes from oven, and allow to cool for 10 minutes
Once cooled, slice open or in half, and stuff with 1 serving of zero point baked chicken fajitas, and top with serving avocado sauce.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 servings zero point baked chicken fajitas
- 4 servings easy avocado sauce
- Optional: shredded cheese and diced red onions to top
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes
- Pierce with a fork 2-3 times.
- Bake on a lined baking sheet for 1 hour at 400° degrees
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Once cooled, slice open or in half, and stuff with 1 serving of zero point baked chicken fajitas, and top with serving avocado sauce.
Makes 4 servings
5-6 SmartPoints per serving on the WW FreeStyle, Flex, or Your Way Plan
8-9 SmartPoints on the Weight Watchers Beyond the Scale Plan
Nutritional information listed below is for the complete loaded sweet potato recipe.
Get the right WW FreeStyle Support
I know I repeat this all the time, but it is vital. No matter what recipes you are making, you need good support. Make sure to check out the Facebook groups below if you aren't already a part of them. These are so good for your journey, especially if you aren't a part of a local meeting.
- WW FreeStyle, Beyond the Scale, and Points Plus Support
- FreeStyle Recipes and Support
- Air Fryer Weight Watchers Recipes
- Instant Pot Weight Watchers Recipes
More WW FreeStyle Recipe Ideas
I know you will enjoy this chicken fajita loaded sweet potato idea. If you are looking for more tried and true WW FreeStyle Recipe ideas, then make sure to check out everything tagged in our Weight Watchers category. Mixing and matching what works for you is how you become truly successful on the WW FreeStyle program. That means not just eating zero point foods, but building a menu around them, and always making sure you don't feel deprived.
Below are some of our most popular or personal favorites to get you started!
- Vegan Zero Point Crockpot Bean Soup
- Zero Point Muffin Tin Eggs
- Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
- Weight Watchers Sesame Chicken Recipe
- Skinny Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- Healthy Biscuit Recipe using Greek Yogurt
- Skinny Chicken Alfredo Pizza